Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Tree Neckerchief Slide



This was a fairly easy slide, though I need to find some slides that don't involve felt. The boys just aren't that adept at cutting felt. January's slide will be a miniature wood car in honor of the Pinewood Derby, but I haven't come up with anything for February yet.

This should be pretty easy to figure out, but here's what I did. I cut two identical trees out of green felt and stiff brown felt, cutting the trunk off the green tree so the brown trunk showed through. The stiff brown felt kept everything from flopping around. I used my low- temp glue gun and glued the layers together. Then I searched through my button collection for likely "ornaments" and cut some baker's twine for garland. Some more dabs of hot glue, and the tree was decorated. All that was left was gluing a piece of conduit to the back (go here for more details on the conduit).


I forgot to take pictures of the ones the boys made, but here's a picture of the one LMS made (with help from the other den leader).


And yes, I totally made a pink neckerchief for LMS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment